Sunday, December 14, 2008

A New Day, A New Schedule

Alright, so I confronted the fact that I was behind schedule and that for all the hours of sleep I was trying to not get so that I could work and get my stuff done on time and catch up some how just wasn't working. So, I made a new schedule to get this PhD dissertation wrote! This time I actually built in time for exercise that was realistic, in addition time to eat (!) and to play with my daughter. I was silly trying to make a schedule like what I would do during my Undergrad days when I only had my needs to fill each day and who cared if I slept or ate and who needed my attention more than my books? Well, now I'm a mom and I have a responsibility to maintain that relationship with my daughter and play with her after her not seeing me all day at Nursery school. I also have a responsibility to pay attention to the relationship with my husband and make sure that I actually talk to him when he gets home. I was trying to ignore these responsibilities in place of the finishing of the dissertation. Well, obviously I don't have that option anymore. What was happening is that because my daughter is frankly more fun than writing the dissertation is she would come home and we'd have fun and then I would get more and more behind and feel guiltier for not working on my PhD when I should have. Sooo, all that said, I've made a new schedule that at least takes care of those needs a bit better. Now I have to manage to just stay focused and not get distracted looking up new interesting things when I really should be writing!

I have found that I'm very good at procrastinating. For example, I'm procrastinating right now by writing this blog! Anyway, I've run out of time for this allotted slot. More later!

No comments: