Monday, December 8, 2008

Music that keeps you going

Hello hello! I've realized that this blog, while eventually I hope will have readers, at the moment is just for myself...that is, no audience except myself. But I do write this in the hopes of sort of improving my writing ability later on, and because I hope that I will have readers soon(er than later). SIGH, for now I write for my future readers, I guess.

So, I bought the new album by Jason Mraz and I have to say it's my "go-to" album for the moment. I've heard people say about some musicians that they feel they are talking to the listener, to them personally. I have to say that Jason's "Details in the Fabric" completely and totally speaks to me. Right now in my life I am making really really hard decisions and I in general really try to make sure that my decisions in my life for what is good for me ALSO are good for my loved ones around me and the people I care or respect in the world that my life affects. So, this song simply says to make your choices and it'll be ok. "It'll be fine". I was listening to the CD as I was driving home today on the freeway and all of a sudden things just welled up inside. I want to make the right decisions and there isn't any chance for mistakes. Plus, the choices that I'm up against aren't even my top choices in the first place. So, it's a difficult time for me.

Meantime I'm in the last weeks of when I need to finish writing my dissertation...and that's enough pressure minus being a rocky marriage and wanting to be a good loving mom to my beautiful daughter, and stay happy for her and stay patient. Maybe I worry too much. I can't help trying to figure out the details. It's what I have done my whole life.

Gotta run and keep getting work done. Have a lovely day.

No comments: