Saturday, December 6, 2008

A little more about me

A lot of the tastes about who I am are listed in my interests above. I am an incredibly hard worker, but lately have felt a bit burnt out. I usually put myself last and enjoy seeing others happy after my own work to make them happy, I like to feel satisfied and accomplished in my life and know that I am actually doing important things in my life that affect the world. I have a love of history and love of understanding and knowing how others see the world. I am interested really in how the world functions in its spiritual, physical, and historical aspects. To me, archaeology and geology are the same thing, just one is the history of people, the other the history of the planet. I'm a very detailed person, one of my weaknesses and one of my strengths. I always offer good advice to people, so I'm told, but never can really take advice from anyone but my parents. I try to keep my expectations down in people that I don't involve myself in, but wish that those people I am close to will come up to my expectations. After all, I don't expect them to care any less for me than I care about them. I guess I just must be particularly sensitive to feelings and how I think about other people. I wish people would sometimes think more of me in my similar way as I think of them. This last year has been particularly rough in my life and I feel I've grown a lot and have been forced to come head to toe with a lot of realities I wish were not realities. So I'm going through a phase of disappointment as I grow up and becoming more introspective because of it. And because I don't want to lose the optimism and enthusiasm that has been my strongest and proudest qualities in myself. Thus, I am here. Read my first post and you'll see more. Hopefully we'll get to know each other more as time goes on.

No comments: